Online Master's in
Take your next step, without stepping outside
With a Masters in Criminal Justice from the University of New Haven, you’ll hone your skills and prepare to become a leader in your profession. Our faculty are experts in their fields, and include former law enforcement officers, FBI agents, Secret Service agents, and more.
- The University of New Haven is among the most respected Criminal Justice programs in the United States and has been for more than 50 years.
- The program is 100% online. Complete assignments on your schedule!
- Our graduates work in the Chief State’s Attorney Office, Department of Justice, Department of Homeland Security, FBI and more.
- The University’s online master’s degree in Criminal Justice prepares you for leadership and supervisory positions. According to the US Department of Labor, the median annual earnings for first-line supervisors of police and detectives is $84,260.
You can begin your online master’s degree during any of our 6 terms – no need to wait to start advancing your career.
Made for you
Our online program is designed for working professionals. If you’ve earned or are pursuing a bachelor’s degree and are looking for the next step in your career, complete the inquiry form on this page or call (203) 747-8065 for more program information!
No GRE or GMAT is required to apply and there are no application fees.
Quick facts about our Masters in Criminal Justice
- Classes are 100% online so you can complete them anywhere.
- Each term is 6 to 7.5 weeks for quick and effective learning.
- You can complete all 36 credits in just 2 years
“As someone pursuing a career change to the criminal justice field, the accelerated online Master’s program offers the unique ability to jump start my new career in law enforcement while still providing the flexibility to work full-time.”
Join our impressive group of alumni
Our graduates are putting knowledge into action for employers nationwide, including:
- Department of Justice
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Defense – National Geospatial – Intelligence Agency
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Chief State’s Attorney’s Office
- US Department of Veterans Affairs
“Being in the Criminal Justice Master’s program, it has broaden my knowledge and given me ideas on how to better my career. I can use my experiences as a police officer while in class and can use my classes in the Criminal Justice Master’s program in order to better understand the people around me.” It’s a great feeling knowing that I can give back to the UNH community and the Criminal Justice Master’s program by using the experiences that I’ve gained while being a police officer.”
Want to learn more about our program? This short informational video may help.
Nationally Recognized Excellence